GBA provided construction management, dredging & disposal inspection services, hydrographic surveys, quantity calculations and map production for the Oakland Harbor 42-ft deepening project.
- Performed Project Description Inspections on Dredges, Ocean-Going Tow Boats, and Land Disposal Sites, to Monitor Safety and Technical Contract Compliance.
- Ensured that the Contractor Dredged to the Lines and Grades Shown on the Contract Drawings.
- Perform Mentoring Program; Acted as a Mentor to Provide Guidance and Assistance to LIA WBE Firm in the Basic Elements of Hydrographic Surveying for the Port.
- Monitored a Variety of Environmental Compliance Elements Such as Waste Water Discharge Quality, Accidental Oil Spill Cleanup, Enforced EPA Specifications for Hauling Material to Deep Water Ocean Disposal Site, etc.
- Performed Coastal Engineering Assessment and Hydrodynamic Monitoring Safety Issues Surrounding Workman Safety Equipment and Practices.
- Monitored Quality Control Instrumentation.
- Completed Daily Inspection Reports and Monthly Summary Reports.
- Performed Engineering Duties, Including Preparing Daily As-Built Cut Sheets and Preparing Miscellaneous Reports.
- Performed Claim and Change Order Support to the San Francisco District Construction/Operations Division and the Office of Council, Including Engineering Studies, Cost Estimates, Proposal Evaluation, and Claims Negotiations.
USACE, San Francisco District
21 Main Street
San Francisco, CA 94105