GBA provided consulting engineering services for all aspects of dredging with respect to the navigable waterways at Naval Weapons Station (NWS) Earle, located in Lower New York Harbor. These services include subsurface investigations, design analysis, contract plans and specifications, cost estimates, construction oversight, and hydrographic surveys for design as well as for final measurement and payment purposes.
Continue to provide engineering plans and specifications, construction oversight, and surveying services including:
- Pier 4, Phase I - Design new berthing areas and develop channel improvements for the existing Turning Basin and the Terminal Channel to a 45-ft depth for home porting AOE Class Vessels at the newly constructed Pier 4 and trestle.
- Pier 4, Phase II - This phase provided for channel deepening and improvements to the Sandy Hook Approach Channel with beneficial use of the dredged sand as beach nourishment.
- Piers 2, 3, & 4 - Provided above described services for 35-foot (Piers 2 and 3) and 45-foot (Pier 4) maintenance dredging projects for the home ported USS Seattle, the USS Detroit, and other vessels.
- Five-Year On Call Contract - Provided above described services on an “On Call” basis over a 5-year period
- Pier 4 Extension - Provided above described services through the 35% design stage for widening and deepening the berths and Turning Basin for a proposed extension to Pier 4. The project was cancelled due to lack of funding.
- Pier Complex Replacement - This project called for the reinforcement and upgrading of Pier 2 and the demolition and replacement of Pier 3 and its trestle. GBA was responsible for designing the deepened (45-ft) berths and Turning Basin improvements, including alignment.
U.S. Navy, Northern Division
USACE New York District