Preparation of feasibility study for the homeporting of Nimitz Class Aircraft Carriers at Naval Air Station North Island and for channel design improvements (dredging of the San Diego Channel from the aircraft carrier turning basin to deep sea for the purpose of accommodating Nimitz Class Aircraft Carriers at NASNI).
- Part of the Design Team that Prepared a Feasibility Study for the Homeporting of Nimitz Class Aircraft Carriers.
- Developed & Invested 6 Location Alternatives.
- Provided a Sound Estimate of Dredging Costs Considering All Variables Affecting the Dredge Program.
- Carried Out Field Investigation, Prepared Engineering Documentation, Cost Estimates, Preliminary and Final Design for Dredging, and Construction Supervision & Inspection as Required.
- Performed Hydrographic Surveys at the Channel Reaches and All the Beach Sites & Side-Scan Sonar Surveys of the Beach Sites.
- Provided Volume Calculations, Detailed Cost Estimates, and Dredging Expertise for the Planning and Scheduling of the Project.
US Navy Southwest Division
Naval Facilities Engineering Command
San Diego, CA