The primary purpose of the overall project is to deepen the Main Channel, berths and turning basins to 53-ft MLLW to improve deep-draft navigation and maximize the beneficial use of dredged material. The project consists of dredging 8.8 MCY of sand, silt, clays and formation materials; placement in five in-harbor sites; rock dike construction using three million tons of rock; removal of nine utility crossings, vertical wick drain installation and associated demolition in fill areas.
- Reviewed Geotechnical Investigations.
- Developed Dredging and Rock Dike Schedule.
- Prepared Dredging Cost Estimate.
- Perform Daily Hydrographic & Topographic Surveys of all Construction Activities.
- Conduct Daily Quality Assurance Inspection.
- Review and Comment on Contractor's RFIs, Submittals, Claims & Schedule.
- Prepare Payment Volume Calculations, Design Changes & Weekly/Monthly Reports.
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
Los Angeles District
645 North Durfee Avenue El Monte, CA 91733