Comprehensive beach restoration program covering five miles of shoreline in the Town of Jupiter Island. The Town has utilized GBA for the engineering and performance monitoring of its beach restoration program since 1976.
- Provided Engineering and Performance Monitoring of Multiple Beach Nourishment Projects Involving Over 8 Million Cubic Yards of Sand From Offshore Borrow Sites.
- Conduct Beach Profile Surveys and Monitoring of Beach Renourishment Projects that Include Sea Turtle and Reef Monitoring.
- Conducted Investigation Into Alternative Borrow Sites, Resulting in the Delineation of Two New Borrow Sites Containing Superior Fill Material.
- Planned, Designed and Managed Emergency Beach Renourishment Involving the Placement of 550,000 Cubic Yards of Fill Along Two Critically Eroded Portions of the Town's Beachfront.
- GBA Worked with Corps and County Personnel to Institute "Regional Sand Management" Practices, Including Nearshore Disposal Of Inlet Maintenance Dredged Material and the St. Lucie Inlet Sand Transfer Project, Which Involved the Excavation and Beach Placement of 800,000 Cubic Yards of Flood Shoal Sands from on the Town's Beachfront.
Town of Jupiter Island
P.O. Box 7
Hobe Sound, FL 33455