Gahagan and Bryant Associates is providing dredging engineering and project related consulting services to assist the Philadelphia Regional Port Authority(PRPA) during the ongoing construction of the project.
The authorized deepening project provides for the modification of the existing Delaware River Federal Navigation channel from 40 to 45 feet. The project follows the existing channel alignment from Delaware Bay to Philadelphia Harbor and the Joe Balzano Terminal in Camden NJ.
- Reaches AA, A, C, D & Lower Portion of Reach E have been completed.
- To complete the balance of the project, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers requested $55 million of federal funds. Federal funds of $21.875 million have been appropriated as part of FY 2016 Work Plan with the balance of $33.125 million included as part of FY 2017 President’s budget.
- Currently, Reach B Rock Removal contract is ongoing. The contract was awarded to Great Lakes Dredge and Docking Company in late 2015. The contract calls for completion of all work by December 31, 2017.
The remaining funds will be used to award two contracts to complete the balance of the project as shown below.
Upper Portion of Reach E
- Contract was awarded in October 2016
- Completion in August 2017 or earlier
Non-Rock material in Reach B and deepening of Marcus Hook Anchorage
- Plans & Specs will likely be prepared in Spring 2017
- Contract to be awarded in May 2017
Philadelphia Regional Port Authority
3460 N Delaware Ave # 2
Philadelphia, PA 19134